Pages

Nov 15, 2011

High Hopes Snowflake Challenge

Hello stampers!

With snowflakes teasing us almost every day here in London, High Hopes is challenging you all to get our your paper snowflakes!

My gorgeous Tim Holtz snowflakes were anxious to escape their drawer and come out to play.

They've joined this gorgeous little High Hopes Santa (Santa's List) from the fabulous new 2011 Christmas release in my attempt to merge "cutesy Santa" with "antiquey distress".


I've stamped Santa on Copic XPress It with Memento ink and coloured him with Copics.  I've punched him with an oval Nestie and mounted him on another oval paper.  I've used the gorgeous new Christmas paper 6x6 from My Mind's Eye.  Tim Holtz has a great choice of snowflakes out this year and I've used his edge die and his snowflake dies.  I used my Xyron to adhere the snowflakes.  I've distressed everything within an inch of it's life here.  I've used Glimmer mist, distress inks, and glitter.  He took a while to dry!

Come and join in the fun - create with snowflakes & High Hopes and enter to win some GORGEOUS new stamps!

Challenge # 122 is open for two weeks starting today!

Come on over and see what the other designers have created this week.

If you are in need of a High Hopes stamp, check out our Diva stores:

Lacey Stephens - Stamp and Create based out of the US
Nikki Fairbairn - Bunny Zoe's Crafts based out of the UK/Europe
Amy Wegener - Stampin' Stuff based out of Australia



Stamp:  High Hopes Santa's List
Paper:  My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Christmas
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique Linen distress ink, Picket Fence distress stain, Versa magic chalk ink (aquatic splash)
Accessories:  Glass effect gel, Deco Art glamor dust, Inkssentials opaque white pen, Gelly roll pen, Glaze pen
Dies:  Spellbinders petite ovals large, Tim Holtz Movers & Shapers mini snowflakes set, Tim Holtz On the Edge Snow Flurries
Copics:  R59, R46, R27, C7, C5,C3, C1, C0, C00, E01, E00, R20, BG10, E42, E41, E40, W1, W00, W000

4 comments:

  1. SOOO Cute Sarah! I love the highlighting you did with the slashes of white on the Santa image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Sarah--you rock at coloring! I am new to it ---I am waiting for my Copics to arrive!!! I love that santa image! BEAUTIFUL snowflakes too! LOVE LOVE LOVE your card:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, your coloring looks amazing! Love the rich red you chose. Beautiful card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe your card is adorable Sarah, this is such a jolly Santa and you have coloured him beautifully.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah