Pages

Nov 21, 2011

Stamping Bella Girlies

Have you ever had a brand or style of stamp that just doesn't seem to suit you? One that no matter how many tries, you just can't get the hang of? Well, for me it was the Stamping Bellas for the longest time! I don't know why, but I just getting get the knack of them. After one particularly disasterous attempt at colouring a plump woman with large hair, I swore off these stamps completely.
Until now! Anyone who knows me well knows how much I treasure and appreciate my girlfriends! They are true gifts in life and should be appreciated because they can really make the difference between happiness and despair.
Unfortunately I've been really sick lately and am off work for a while, and to someone who is constantly on the go - this has been a tough blow for me. Always an obsessively high achiever, I'm having to take life slowly and rest a lot. Not an easy pill to swallow.
Thank you God for my wonderful friends who surround me! But especially thank you to my beloved Andrea who despite her own physical pains, spent an entire night in the hospital watching over me, and has listened to my worries and stresses without complaint or judgement.
So this card with the girls having some wine is who we SHOULD be - and will be again I'm sure. But for now, we'll be these girls with the coffee and taking it a little slower.
So I've given my Stamping Bellas another chance, and am now LOVING them! I seem to have found a groove, helped by their gorgeous new designs. And these sentiments just call out to me! They are so real life!
For both cards, I've used this brand new 6x6 paper pad "Gathering" from Authentique. I love, love, love the weight, feel, and design of this paper. It is fabulous and I'll be looking for more from this brand.
I'm also trying a more "European" flair to my cards with the dimensional flowers. These are all from Prima who've had some gorgeous new things this fall. If you follow my blog, you'll know of my obsessive love for the Prima Printery line! All of these jewels are also from the Prima line. I LOVE the colours of them.
Of course, I've used some Nesties. Not sure I could make a card without a Spellbinders Nestabilities die quite honestly!
I've stamped my girls on Copic XPress It in Memento, even though I've been experimenting with the Cryogen (still on the fence) and back to some Neenah again. I always come back to my XPress It.
I'll list my Copic colours below. Make sure you stock up now if you are a Copic girl like myself! And don't forget about the refills! Rumour has it prices will be going up in the New Year. Great reason to add to your collection, don't you think?
Happy stamping!
Sarah
xx
Wine stamp:
E79, E77, E74, E71, E70
G85, YG63, G24, G40
W7, W5
YR18, YR16, YR15, YR12
E55, E53, E51, E50
BG72
E11, E01, E00, E000, R20
E35, E55, E31, YR20
E37, E27
BG10
B0000
Cofee stamp:
E35, E33, E31, E23
YR24, YR23, YR21, YR20
E11, E01, E00, R20
RV14, RV13, RV11, RV10
V17, V15, V12
YG17, YG13, YG11
BG10
C5, C4, C2, C1, C0

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
Frosted Designs - Die Cuts
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
CR84FN - Brown, Tan, & Green
Crafty Cardmakers - Recycle (I used cut off scraps for the edge strips)
Craft Your Passion - Photo Inspiration
Our Creative Corner - Photo Inspiration
Stamping Bella


16 comments:

  1. This is a super cute card Sarah. Thank You for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges for our "Photo Inspiration Challenge". I hope you have a wonderful week.

    Shannin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous cards. The girlies are stunning.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see you again.
    Hugs, Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh.my.goodness - these images are adorable! Your coloring is just beautiful as is your card construction. Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling card Sarah! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable cards! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZER! Those are totally gorjus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! Love your coloring and the flowers. Hope you are feeling loads better. So glad you could join us at Our Creative Corner this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super design & a great colouring. Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards. Your friend sounds like a real treasure. Hope you feel better soon.

    Thanks for joining in with our recycling challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab cards, great design. Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery and thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these are darling, love those images! Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion.

    Hugs,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet and pretty card.Love the roses.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great cards Sarah ... love how you have used the roses and background paper as your inspiration from the picture ... what a fabulous take ... and your colouring is divine!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. super cards!! Thanks for joining us at CYP this week hope to see you next week too
    hugs
    Laney GDT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darling, Sarah! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the coffee and friends image and sentiment. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!!

    Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah