Raise your hand if you can relate.
- You are catching up on your blog reader and you see a gorgeous new release of images that you just HAVE to have (all of them - right now - immediately). Never mind that Halloween is over and you'll never look at that pumpkin again until next year - at which time you'lll probably have completely forgotten it or no longer care....
- You are desperately waiting for that exact time of 11:04 pm when your favourite stamp company has it's new release so that you can race into the store and quickly buy up every image or die you can get your hands on - because it is an INVESTMENT
really and how can you not? And you will really and truly use all of these gorgeous versatile stamps every day! Because I use the term "abundance" in every single card I make!
- There is a limited edition ink colour that you HAVE TO HAVE. After all - it is LIMITED EDITION
! Seriously! How can you not have it? Who cares if it's a garish shade of fluorescent gray
? It is a NEW NEUTRAL
ladies - come on! And it is an INVESTMENT piece because it is designer - and did I mention LIMITED EDITION
? Actually, I'd better get three - because really - they might dry out and then what will I do?
- omg - you are KIDDING - I can "click now" to add all 74 stunning new images into my shopping basket! And this will save me not only $0.34 (never mind an extra $45 of shipping - it is an INVESTMENT). Not to mention save my hand of the additional 73 clicks. And - even if there are only 3 images I want - the other 71 gorgeous flying unicorn with pixie wings and no faces because they are too perfect for noses
- are really (need I say it? LIMITED EDITION
!). And yes, you got it - an INVESTMENT
. For sure.
OK - I could go on - really I could. But I'm sure you've been there (or are there, like right this minute - stop, do not click!) Right?
So - on with my story. This - (drumroll please) - is the craft space formerly known as the drawer of good intentions
This started out as the place where I emptied all those gorgeous brown packages that came in the mail (or my friend Andrea's mail) because really - we need TWO of everything
. It would be so silly to have to walk 5 minutes to actually get one of these investment pieces because there might be a midnight stamping emergency
! And then what would I do?
Well, I'm sure you can all see what the result is. I no longer have any idea what is in there. And my grand plans of specific cards for specific events and friend's graduating from Masters in Wound Care and my neighbor's cat's hysterectomy
- and not to mention Great Uncle Fester
- who (praise the Lord) finally passed gas and will not be needing that surgery. I had these PLANS to stamp
- really they were well intentioned....
Anyway - I've been inspired by my friend Sheila
- who is one of the most generous and lovely (although slightly potty mouthed
- you have to watch out for that one, really) crafting friends I know. She was written up in our local paper this week - you have to read this - it truly is a wonderful article about a wonderful woman truly Paying it Forward and not just making the motions.
Sheila Mankulich shows crafts her customers have made in exchange for donating food items for the London Food Bank at her scrapbooking store, Scrappin Great Deals, in Kilworth on Tuesday November 8th, 2011. Mankulich has collected food in lieu of fees for crafting sessions, and has collected over 300 pounds so far. (CRAIG GLOVER, The London Free Press"
For the full article click here!
So I'm going to share with you some of my treasures - and offer up some BLOG CANDY
- once I hit 100 followers
to my blog! Here is an array of goodies from my "formerly known as the drawer of good intentions
" (Scor-Pal not included).
Here's what I'd love you to do:
1. Please follow my blog (I'm lonely and I need friends, truly, or at least fellow addicts)
2. Please share with me your story of crazy and rash crafty purchase gone wrong
3. Suggest a new name for my "formerly known as the drawer of good intentions"
4. Please - share my story!
Happy stamping - and more importantly - INVESTING!