Pages

Sep 2, 2011

fun with MFT dies

This card was just for fun!  Not for a challenge, or design team, or custom order, or anything other than for me!  What a thrill!

I LOVE MFT dies - they are just some of the best in the business honestly!  Now, the rolled flowers did have me stumped for a while, but many YouTube views later, I think I have at least a start at it!



I've used "Own Your Story" stamp set & die combo here which I just ordered last month.  I think it's just a beautiful and versatile set.  I love it!  And how strange for me - a card with no coloring!  Imagine!

I wanted to use all muted, neutral tones here to coordinate with this beautiful Bo Bunny et cetera paper, and to show off the dies really.  I've also used quite a bit of Tim Holtz for Ranger distress ink with the ink tool, which I don't usually reach for.  So this card was quite out of my ordinary style!

I've coordinated with some Stampin' Up cardstock in Kraft and Chocolate Chip, and I've used the Memento ink in both Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa.   I LOVE stamping on designer paper - think it just looks so nice.  And the stamps in this set are really versatile - they went so well with this Bo Bunny paper.


I've been trying to figure out this rolled rose die for a while now, and the right material to use with it.  Finally I found some felt that worked just right.  I did try with the Tim Holtz grunge paper, but I just found it too thick and rigid to work with.  Practice makes perfect I hope!


The distress inks I used were Antique Linen and Victorian Velvet.  I've used my beloved Viva Pearl Pen (how did I live without this thing?), some gold smooch, 3D crystal lacquer, and crystal Stickles.  Can NEVER have enough bling!

Happy Stamping!

Sarah
xx

1 comment:

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah