Pages

Aug 30, 2011

Kraftin' Kimmie Kimiko for BookEndz!

This summer I found this great combination of my two hobbies online - reading and Copics!  Check out the "BookEndz" book club on the "Color Me Creative" online classroom!

The book that we read this month was "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" by Lisa See, which I loved!  I think I read it in about 3 days, which is a record for me.  I absolutely love period stories anyway, and this one was so rich in detail - I loved it.  A great read.  It is about women in ancient China and their place in society, their relationships with other women and the controversial practice of footbinding.  Really interesting.

At the end of the month, we were asked to create a project inspired by the book - and here is mine!


I wasn't sure where to find a Chinese stamp at first, but then found a selection of them from Kraftin' Kimmie!  And of course, I chose red and gold as my colours.  I've also tried for the first time the trend which is ALL OVER the blog world lately - of colouring Copics with no black lines.  So - bear in mind - this is my FIRST attempt!  I'm hopeful that I'll get better at it!


I'm not sure why, but I seemed to go with the toughest techniques on this card - coloring with no lines, blending reds, and black hair!  Sucker for punishment I guess.  I've used Copic XPress It paper with Memento London Fog ink.  I've spruced her up a little with some 3D Crystal Lacquer, some Viva decor liquid effect pen on the flowers, and some gold Smooch.

I had fun coloring this image - and LOVED the book!  I'm anxiously awaiting the party on Thursday night and the announcement of the next book!  Funnily enough that cooincides with my real life book club.  Good thing I like reading!  I did try to coax it out of Suzanne when she came to teach here earlier in the month - but no luck.  She wasn't giving in!

Happy stamping!

Sarah
xx

Stamp:  Kraftin’ Kimmie Kimiko

Ink:  Memento London Fog.  Gold smooch ink.

Cardstock & Paper:  Stampin’ Up (Cherry Cobbler)

Accessories:  Prima flowers, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight.  Gold stickers.   SU! Embossing Folder.  3D Crystal Lacquer.  Sharpie Poster Paint Pen.

Copics:  R29, R27, R24, R22.  YR23, Y15, Y11, Y00.  C9, C7, C5, C3.  E13, E11, E02, E01, E00.  C2, C00.  C4.  BG10.  B00.  Multi-liner.

1 comment:

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah