Pages

Feb 7, 2012

Old ladies at the beach


Hello stampers!

This is my idea of the PERFECT winter scene!!!  I really hope to be one of these old ladies one day - I truly do!  I aspire to spend my old age sat on a beach drinking cocktails, gossiping happily with my girlfriends!  We should all be so lucky.

This stamp just make me smile - I love it!  Thank you Sheila for pointing it out to me.

I've stamped my ladies on Copix XPress It with Memento ink in tuxedo black.  I've coloured with Copics (see colours below) and accented glasses & drinks with a glaze pen.  I FINALLY unpacked my fabulous brand new Copic colours - hurray!!!  LOVE!!

The card stock is an old orange-y colour from SU! and the paper is from the brand new My Mind's Eye Fiddlesticks.  I found it just a little too bold to stamp the sentiment (which came with a Unity snowman), so I inked it up with Ranger acrylic paint dabber in snowcap - just along the bottom right.  Then I stamped the sentiment with Versafine.

I distressed all the edges with my distress tool - then with some distress ink in Old Paper - and then rubbed some Stickles in Platinum along the top edges and corner.

The ladies have been punched out with a Spellbinder Nestability - and inked around the edges with distress ink in Old Paper.  Then I rubbed some Distress Stickles in Rock Candy around the edges.  I've used a Copper Viva Decor Pearl Pen to add a finishing touch.

I'll add this to the following challenges:

Happy Winter!
Sarah
xx

Copics:  V28, V25, V22, V20; YR27, YR24, YR23, YR21, YR20; RV19, RV17, RV14; E13, E11, E02, E01, E00, E000; R20, R22; BG13, BG11, BG10, BG0000; C4, C1, C0; B60.

17 comments:

  1. That is so cute !! I love it :)). I so wish it was time to enjoy the sun and the water. We have snow here and it's soooooo cold !!

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card. Love the old ladies. Saw it on Make It Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! Those ladies are awesome and I've been looking at getting that stamp as well!
    Thanks for playing along at Craft A Scene!
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is great!!!!!!!!!!!! what fab stamps!
    Thanks for playing along at That Craft Place Challenge
    Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sarah, this is so cute! Can you imagine this for real, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! AWESOME! Thank you so much for linking up at Make it Monday! Don't forget to be in the running to win this week's fabulous prize, just leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM. The more comments left, the greater your chance of winning!
    Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. HeHe thanks for the laugh Sarah, fantastic card, yes I too would love to be one of those old ladies one day lol! Saw you over at MIM, happy crafting, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card, I love it!
    Thank you for joining Sketchy Colors, and lots of luck!
    Hugs, Marianne:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah, having just returned from a week on the beach I get your meaning. This is not quite the type of scene we are looking for but you did a wonderful job. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute and fun card. Makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing job, love the scene, thanks for joining us a Craft a Scene, hope you can join us again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you tell me the name of this stamp please? Is it a Bugaboo digital? Just love this card!!!! Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. Could you please tell me where you found this image? I have been looking for this very same image for a long time, and finally found it on your website. Thanks. If you could please let me know, either post it here of send me the info on kathicook@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha ... this is beautiful!
    Greetings Mieke'S

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this card! I still need to check out more of your blog but was wondering if you sell any of your work?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah