Pages

Oct 30, 2011

Christmas card with Copics and Nestabilities

Go here to win my blog candy!

Hello all - and Happy Halloween!

As I'm getting my little guy ready to be a Ninja for Halloween, I'm starting (slowly but surely) my Christmas cards!  I have my ideas in my  head, but haven't actually started mass production yet.  I know, I know.  It's time to get moving - after all, I do make 50 per year. 

This card might just get me inspired to start my work finally!

I really love a Christmas card that is all about Christmas, but I don't particularly love the old fashioned colours of deep red and pine green.  So when I saw this colour scheme by My Mind's Eye (12 Days of Christmas) it was love at first sight (or stamp)!  And anything that incorporates my beloved teal & turquoise colours is a bonus!



I spent at least a couple of hours colouring this scene, and really enjoyed it.  I had lots of fun adding layers to the different sections and trying to really get some contrast in the colour shading.  I always start with choosing my image, then the paper, and then I match my copics to my paper.  These colours just make me happy!

I didn't use any unusual colour pairings here.  I stuck with natural blending partners.  But if you're like me, and always looking for colour inspiration (or if you have this particular paper and want some guidance) here are my colours:

BG18, BG15, BG13, BG11, BG10
YG17, YG13, YG11
R29, R27, R24, R22
E35, E33, E31
YR20
BG07, BG05, BG02
E29, E27 E25
YR24, YR23, YR21

I have used my beloved Nestabilities by Spellbinders to accent the focal image.  I'm not sure I ever make a card that doesn't use at least one die!  I've punched out the Nativity scene with an oval, and then I used my new lattice die to punch out the accent paper.



For once, I've even decorated the interior of my card!  This almost never happens, but there was the most perfect paper in the My Mind's Eye 6x6.  And I used it to add the sentiment as well.


Happy stamping!
Sarah
xx

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card! Your colouring is just fabulous and what's this...decorating the inside? Of course you are going to make me want to start doing that too dang you hee hee. Love your card xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah