Pages

Aug 29, 2011

a little smooch

Hello Stampers!

These two cards are my contribution to the September card kit for Scrappin' Great Deals.  I LOVE this image – but honestly, tried quite a few ways before deciding on how I wanted to colour her!  My first attempt actually, was a see-through orange dress with black undies….  Needless to say, she did NOT make the cut for the card kit – hee hee!
 

Anyway, this is “a little smooch” by Mo Manning for StampingBella.  This series of stamps highlights the “extra lovely” lady as you’ll note!  Great cards for your real girlfriends, not your “green salad with dressing on the side” kind of friends, if you know what I mean!

I had a blast picking out papers and accessories with Andrea for the kit this month, really hard not to get carried away when the store had just received a HUGE shipment of beautiful new things!  Be sure to drop by and check it out if you haven’t been recently.  SO hard to resist!

In both images, I’ve stamped my little “smooch girl” with Memento tuxedo black on Xpress It cardstock (my personal favourite for Copics).  I’ve coloured her with two different techniques, one in full colour, and the other one, just for fun, in monochromatic Sepia tones.  I thought she had a ‘50’s kind of girl look to her for some reason.  In that one I’ve used Spellbinders Nestabilities Deckled Edge Classic Ovals Large to punch her out, and distressed the edges with “Antique Linen” and “Frayed Burlap” distress ink.

Be sure and pick up the card kits this month – SO gorgeous!  I had a great time working with them.

Sarah

Xx

Stamp:  A Little Smooch by Mo Manning for Stamping Bella

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Inks in Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap

Paper:  Kaiser Craft Velvet Ensemble and Xpress It for Copic

Accessories:  Flowers, Ribbon, Self-adhesive jewels, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8 and Deckled Edge Classic Ovals Large

Copics:  Colour:  C9, C7, C5, C3, C1.  YR18.  E35, YR23, Y23.  E02, E01, E00, E000, R20.  B02.  BG10.  Monochromatic:  W9, W7, W5, W3, W1, W0, W00.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah