Pages

Aug 22, 2011

La-La Land Roller Skate Marci

After an awesome class with Suzanne Dean a few weeks ago, I'm still trying to integrate all I learned into my colouring.  It is a bit of a change in style, that's for sure!  But I've had lots of chance to practice, with my crafty friends at our regular Friday night crop night - so much fun!  Although this week, my colouring was a little "off" to say the least, and I was colouring my poor images with see through dresses and black underwear to be funny.  (Don't ask).  Needless to say - I don't think they'll be making the cut for the monthly card kit!  Maybe I've been reading too much of the "Bloggess" lately.  That woman's humour just cracks me up!!

Anyway,

This little cutie is Roller Skate Marci from La-La Land Stamps! I’ll be teaching this card at Scrappin’ Great Deals on Sept. 29 in “Beginning and Continuing Copics”.

La-La Land stamps are perfect for learning Copics – with their open spaces and large faces, not to mention they are pretty cute!

I’ve gone with a retro ‘80s look for this card. With the roller skates, it seemed appropriate! She’s also meant to complement the little boy I’ve created for the same class, also with La-La Land.



I’ve coloured her with Copics, focusing on the 3 shade blending technique, and improved a little after my class with Suzanne Dean.



I’ve accented with some flowers, pearls, and stickles – and a cute little sentiment from Kaiser mini sentiments.

Sign up for the class at Scrappin' Great Deals!


Stamps: La-La Land Roller Skate Marci, Kaiser mini sentiment
Paper: Echo Park - Life is Good, X-press It Blending Card by Copic
Cardstock: Bazzill
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Ink Antique Lace
Copics: E02, E01, E00, R20, BG10, C3, E29, E5, E33, R85, R83, R81, G16, G02, G00, E35, E31, YR20
Embellishments: Bazzill flowers, Kaiser self-adhesive pearls, Diamond stickles

Adhesive:  Sticky Thumb
Accessories: Sizzex Sizzlets: Flourish & Flourish 1, My Favorite Things die, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 10



1 comment:

  1. I love this card and the bling on her skates! You did an amazing job with this image and card girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah