Pages

Aug 13, 2012

create bold and beautiful with distress inks and sprays!!




Hello Stampers!

There's nothing I love more than finding a great source of inspiration that makes me want to run to my craft room and CREATE!  I subscribe to Craft Stamper Magazine from the UK and it is chock full of awesome ideas.  This particular card is inspired by a beautiful creation in the latest issue.

Here's how I made it!

First, use some sprays to create a background out of white card stock.  I used Tattered Angels lemongrass and pink bubblegum.
Spray one colour at a time and blot really well with paper towel in between colours to help the colour absorb.  Try varying your spray distance and your spray speed to get different effects.
Then you'll want to leave this to dry - or like me, use your heat tool to speed up the drying process.
Once dry, I used a Mister Huey mask - and Tim Holtz distress ink to add a few details.
This is Picked Raspberry from the limited edition Summer 2012 set.  I LOVE my distress inks and rush to add each new colour to my collection!  I love that each time there is something new - and not just a slight variation on past colours.  This bright pink just screams summer to me!
Then I used a white gel pen to add some detail to the circles. 
I stamped some beautiful flowers from my Unity stamp collection on white card stock with black Ranger Archival ink.  Then I coloured then with my Tim Holtz distress markers.  I am absolutely IN LOVE with my markers lately!  I am really enjoying creating with them.
I cut the wavy piece free-hand.  I used a ruler and a white gel pen to add the lines onto black card stock and then mounted onto that.
To finish off, I stamped a Unity stamp sentiment onto some of the sprayed card stock - and accented it with white gel pen as well.
Voila!  Inspiration from Craft Stamper magazine UK!  LOVE!

Sarah
xx

1 comment:

  1. I really like the party card! you made it so well. Did you ever tried working for Plastic cards as i need some help to this regard.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah