Pages

Aug 6, 2012

art journaling - part 3





Hello Stampers!

Here's another page (with all it's good & bad points) in my art journal!  As I've mentioned before, I am BRAND new to this - but I am loving it!  I think that even when you make an "oops" it's worth keeping - as you learn what you like & don't like!

For example - it wasn't intentional for my flowers to bleed like this.  I just forgot to "set" them - before spraying them with Perfect Pearls - oops!  But next time, I'll remember - hee hee!

Lots of layers on this page, as usual.  Here are some of the products I've used:
  • Golden Gesso
  • Golden Acrylic ground medium
  • Krylon fixative spray
  • acrylic paints
  • Pan Pastels
  • Vintage French book pages (etsy)
  • Donna Downey for Unity stamps
  • Memory Box Stamp
  • Tim Holtz distress markers
  • Tim Holtz distress ink pads
  • Tim Holtz Parisian stamps
  • Ranger archival ink (black)

The technique I really liked on this page - was creating a subtle stamped background (the Parisian elements) with a pale pink wash on top.  Then the bold doodled flowers (sorry they are old - I think they are Hero Arts?  Not sure) stamped in black - and coloured with distress markers.  I discovered that this makes them really POP against the background!  They look so bright and bold!  Especially when I used the Picket Fences marker on top for accent.  I love this look!  Now - don't go and spray on top of them - distress markers are activated by water - hence my runny flowers.

Happy Stamping!
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah