Pages

Nov 17, 2011

Lily of the Valley Little Bears Snowmen



Hello stampers,

I'm thrilled to finally finish one of my new beautiful Lily of the Valley stamps!  I love all of the LOTV images - they are so sweet.  The Christmas release is no exception - and the little critters are adorable!

I've tried to use as much deep shadowing as I could fit into the small areas, and I've picked up traditional Christmas colours from the My Mind's Eye "Lost & Found Christmas" 6x6.  Here I've used some Prima Printery flowers (one of my favourite releases from this fall - I have a drawer full - so I don't run out)



This was my first time (aside from Suzanne Dean's class) that I've used my Copics on Cryogen paper.  It was definitely different, and I had to be very careful, as you can't use the colourless blender to fix mistakes.  But I do like the result.  I LOVE the shimmer of the paper and the heavier weight of it.

I've combined my love of Distress inks - and inked all the edges in Antique Linen (which I use for almost everything).  I think it suits the look nicely.

I've added a few rhinestones and a little bit of diamond Stickles on the snow.


Very handy for me, the sentiment was already on the paper!  I'm entering this card into the following challenges:



Stamp:  Lily of the Valley Little Bears Snowmen
Paper:  My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Christmas, Copic XPress It, Stampin' Up cardstock
Accessories:  Spellbinders Nestabilities, Prima flowers, jewels
Ink:  Memento, Distress ink antique linen
Copics:  R59, R46, R24, R22, R20, E15, E1, E11, E57, E55, E53, E51, E50, YG99, YG97, YG95, YG93, YG91, C7, C2, C1, C0, YR24, BG000, BG10

Don't forget - my blog candy is still open!  Become a follower and leave a comment here!

Happy stamping!
Sarah
xx

6 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah, this looks amazing! I LOVE the image and your coloring.
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring is amazing, and this is such a cute image. TFS, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sweet image and your wonderful coloring. Very pretty card. Thanks for sharing it with us at TT this week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this is stunning, your colouring is amazing, thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one gorgeous card Sarah, perfect for our Christmas card for Someone Special theme this week.
    Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
    Hugs,
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah