Pages

Mar 13, 2011

Penny Black Hedgehog

Happy March Break friends!

We've had an action packed few days.  My little man, Samuel turned SEVEN!  I can hardly believe it!  He is our miracle baby, a 28 week micro-preemie who spent 91 long days in the NICU.  So for me his birthday is often a teary, emotional day (as it was again this year).  Here you can see what a long way our little fighter has come, from his 2 lb 5 oz start to life.

He was delivered by emergency c-section when I developed sudden onset pre-eclampsia, which quickly became toxemia, and then HELLP syndrome which effectively shuts down your liver and kidneys and will quickly kill you if the baby is not delivered immediately.

My first time seeing Samuel, day three
Samuel's first photo, day two

So we've come a LONG way!  And my little sweetheart is now a happy, healthy, energetic, and very smart boy in grade one.

Happy 7th Birthday Samuel!
My little boy's SEVEN!

And then we had a huge party for 17 children - which was great fun - but very exhausting!  And now, we're happily packing our suitcase for a week in Mexico - ahhhh.  Bring on the vitamin D!

SO - onto my stamping!

Today I created this little card for the following challenges:



This is actually my first round card - I'm not typically a fan of "round" in cards.  But I kind of like it!  I think I'll have to get some bigger Nesties!  I've used a cute little Penny Black hedgehog stamp (I LOVE all things Hedgehog) which I've stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Xpress paper and (of course) coloured with Copics.  I've used some Nesties to cut out the layers.  The paper is from my new Prima Sweet Fairy 6x6 stack (OMG - how cute are these!) and my cardstock is Perfect Plum from Stampin' Up!.  I've added a little "bling" with some of my fave new Prima plastic flowers - they're adorable!

Copics:  E57, E35, E34, E33, E31, E29, E27, E25, C4, C2, V17, V15, V12, RV17, BV00, YG67, YG63

I hope you like my cute little Hedgehog!

Sarah
xx



4 comments:

  1. Cool round card and your hedgehog is too cute. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and entering my blog candy. I hope you will return often...
    big hugs for you...Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your little one Sarah :) Your card is darling! Thanks so much for playing along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little b'day card - love the blowing bubbles hedgehog your lovely colors and the fun nestie cuts! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week - and a very happy 7th b'day to Samuel!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you had a great time celebrating your boy's birthday! =) such a sweet sweet card. love the cute image you used! thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah