Pages

Jul 30, 2012

art journaling





Hello Stampers and Happy Monday!

If you are a blog follower and a paper crafter, you are probably very familiar with "art journaling".  If not, then welcome!  In short, it is a journal of art.  Personally, I find it a great way to practice new art mediums, techniques, and applications without the stress/ pressure of creating a finished product.  I enjoy creating for creation's sake!

Friday night I enjoyed a fabulous crafty night with my fellow divas at SGD - WHAT FUN!  And this was such a great way for me to unwind from a stressful week at work.  And of course, reminisce about our awesome CHA adventures in Chicago!  (Still on a high!).

This page uses a lot of mediums.  The concept though, is layering.  Some of the products used are:
  • Memory Box Stamp
  • Penny Black stamp
  • Tim Holtz tissue tape
  • Mister Huey's mask
  • Mister Huey's misting sprays
  • Pan pastels
  • Acrylic paints
  • Tim Holtz distress ink (antique photo) & distress tool
  • Tim Holtz distress markers
  • Ranger archival ink (black)

On this particular page, I LOVED colouring the flowers with my distress markers!  I thought they really popped against the black ink and the gentle pink background.  I am so much more in love with my markers now that I had the one-on-one time with Tim!  It was really helpful!!

Have a great week!

Sarah
xx


2 comments:

  1. Sarah, this is so pretty. I love the softness. I am new to your site and what I have seen so far, I just love. Thank for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah