Feb 17, 2012

colouring with distress inks


Hello Stampers!

This is my very first image coloured with Tim Holtz distress inks!  I'm pretty happy that I've finally given it a try - although I certainly need some more practice!  

This is one of my favourite Magnolias, Tilda with Hawaii Flower, who was actually quite hard to find.  I think that Magnolias always look so pretty coloured in distress inks, but I could never get it quite right.

I've used SU! Watercolor Paper and a Zig water brush to finally get a somewhat decent effect.  I made this for my friend Julie's birthday last week.

The flowers are from Wild Orchid, and the gorgeous little chiffon badge I found on Etsy (LOVE Etsy for cute little elements).

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
The Official Magnolia Challenge (3 patterned papers, 2 (or more) different types of embellishments, 1 image)


Sarah
xx

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Sarah. Julie will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely breathtakingly! Beautiful card. Great colour and I love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI sweetie this is very pretty, thank you so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts this time, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at TOMIC this week
    Hugs Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card, Sarah! I'm so glad you've added your name to the Moxie Fab World Blog Roll! I'm looking forward to visiting your cute blog from time to time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah